Monday 7 February 2011

"Right then Job Seekers!"

Being one of the millions of unemployed, today I ventured 'cap-in-hand' to the local job seekers office, for a fairly humorous interview to claim some much needed cash. First up I had to see an old chap who thought everything was quite funny - apparently in the 80's he had been made redundant from 20 shops in less than a year. Still, he was smiling about it and he helped me fill in the correct form (the one they gave me before was apparently wrong), he seemed like a happy-go-lucky fella and was very helpful.
The second 'interviewer' was a bit more like the general surroundings in there, grey and washed out and looked like he wanted to kill himself. I tried to smile and make him feel less awkward - but he couldn't even look me in the eye. Anyway, it was all sorted. So hence forth, every 2 weeks I shall be there, signing on and awaiting my weekly pittance.
Apparently, after 6 weeks, you have to attend a job seekers seminar - which was happening in the adjoining room. You could see through the window, a woman pointing to a pie chart on a projector screen and about 20 people all looking like they were back at school. *shudder*
It reminded me of this classic...



Onwards and upwards then... 

1 comment:

  1. Every time I think about the Job Centre, I always think of Daisy (Spaced) going to sign on...

    ReplyDelete